How much does it cost to join?
Membership Dues: A $25 annual non-refundable membership fee, due at the time of registration, goes directly to Girl Scouts of the USA, and pays for the various services it provides to councils, development of program materials, and activity insurance.
What about supplies?
Your Girl Scout’s troop might collect dues to pay for activity supplies, field trips, uniforms, service projects and more. Participating in the Fall Product and Girl Scout Cookie Program can help finance her troop’s activities! Girls can wear a sash, vest, tunic, or Girl Scout T-shirt as her uniform. Uniforms can be purchased at the Girl Scout Shop!
What grade does my girl need to be in to join?
Grade Levels: Any girl in grades K–12 can join the fun at Girl Scouts. Whether you want to be part of a troop, sign up for exciting series or events, explore the outdoors, or travel the world, each age level has something for you. Girls are placed in the appropriate grade level according to her school grade.
What activities will I do?
Troop Activities vary from troop to troop. All Troops are GIRL Led- Meaning the Girls get to vote on the activities the troop wants to do as long as it is age appropriate. Girl Scouts of West Central Florida; Frequently Asked Questions
Where do Troops meet and what times?
Troop meeting locations, times, days, and frequency vary from troop to troop as well. When you complete a troop search, you will be able to see all that information (general location is only provided for safety of the girls and leaders). Once you register, the Leader will reach out to you within 2 weeks with more details.
If I sign up as a Troop Helper is there a time commitment?
No, there is no set time commitments when you register as a Troop Helper. You can help as needed or when your schedule allows. All parents must be registered and have a valid background check with us to help at events, cookie booths and to count as a troop safety ratio.
What if I want to be a Troop Leader?
You can register yourself under “I want to be troop Leader- SUXX” and your areas recruiter will reach out to you with your new troop number and information to get you started. If you need help registering, please see below or feel free to contact us at
Do we have to attend council events strictly with our troop?
No, you can register your Girl Scout into any one of our council events. Please keep in mind that you will need to be a registered and background check member so you can attend with your Girl Scout. You can check out the events we offer by clicking here Girl Scouts of West Central Florida; Frequently Asked Questions
How to apply for Financial Assistance:
• Membership- Applicants will need to complete their registration and select Financial Aid during payment. ****Membership Financial aid is only offered for Girls at this time
• Uniform and Books- complete this form to apply for financial aid for your Girl Scout's uniform and books.
What if my Girl Scout ages up? Does she move to a new troop?
• No, she will age up with her current troop and continue on with the same troop. What if I get started in a troop and my schedule changes? Can we change troops?
• Yes, as long as your Girl is a registered member, you can change your Troop participation into another active Troop or as be an Independent Registered Girl (IRG/Juliette)
Need more Information?
Girl Scout Sign-Up Events
Ready to learn more about being a Girl Scout? Come to one of our Sign-Up Events to see how Girl Scouts can help your girl reach her potential and the ways to participate in your area. We can't wait to meet you!
Click Here to Find an event near you!
Girl Scouts of West Central Florida; Frequently Asked Questions
Ready to Register?
• 1. Go to www.gswcf.org/join
2. Click the "Register Now" button
3. Select Find Troops
4. Enter your Zip Code
5. Change miles to 10 or 20 miles (search is based within your zip code and not
your actual location)
6. Select “Next Year” 2023 Membership Year October 1st, 2022- September 30th, 2023
7. Select the Grade Level for your girl.
8. TIP: We suggest including a Grade Level below and above
9. Select Search. And a list of troops will appear; you can view more details about
the troop by selecting the GREEN drop-down arrow next to "More Details about